Everybody knows that without clarity and focus setting goals is a huge waste of time. And who has time to waste? People have talked about the super power of clarity many times, but not many folks fully understand the reach of that power. Today’s tip, if you do the work, will bring some clarity back into your life! Let’s just dive in!
Stick with one goal at a time.
You can have as many goals as you want, but don’t fall into the trap of jumping around between different goals. The results won’t be pretty. If achieving a goal is your intention then focus on one goal until it’s achieved. Then move on to another goal. This is what top clear thinking achievers do. You really do not want to deplete your energy and enthusiasm by having competing goals.
As for having as many goals as you want, if that list is pretty big, decide which goal is most important to you right now. Which one do you want to achieve first? Make that goal your primary, and focus on making it come true. Decide how much time in a day you will dedicate yourself to working on that goal. However, if you start to get stressed and you need a break…take it. You could also pick another goal from you list and start preparing to work on it. Remember do not put more than two goals on your calendar at a time. That second goal is mainly to provide your mind a break from working the primary goal.
Regardless of the time it takes to achieve a goal…the rules remain the same.
If that goal is truly important to you, then synchronize your life around it. Otherwise you’re likely to lose the kind of momentum you need to make it a reality. If that’s too much for you though, you can scale back your goal to something more manageable. You might consider setting what’s called a sub-goal to achieve. A sub-goal is a lesser goal that forms part of the primary goal. This doesn’t have to be a setback, you are still moving towards realizing success of the primary goal…just in much smaller manageable steps. The important thing to keep in mind is that you are moving forward and not abandoning your primary goal.
Doing what you’re already doing won’t give you more clarity. Thinking about what to do next and writing down some goals can certainly help, but that isn’t always enough either. Sometimes you have to get moving first before clarity can be achieved. I suggest that your first step be to take advantage of my 30 Days to Clarity Course. A $337 value…at no cost to you!
30 Days to Clarity Journal *
Here’s what’s included:
– Online Personality Identifier (PI) test. ($97 value)
– 18 page PI Report explaining what your PI means as it relates to the choices you make, the skills you have and even the career fields you are most suited. ($115 value)
– A 30 minute Clarity Session with a Certified Life Purpose Coach to further explain and answer questions about your report and explore options for future goals. ($125 value)
– Access to the private Facebook group “Sistahs Unlimited”.
If you do the work, you will:
– Develop skills to avoid and resolve conflicts
– Identify your individual strengths
– Discover how to work effectively
– Aid in career development
– Create communication strategies
– Understand how you make choices
– Develop productive goal setting skills and set measures
– Enhance emotional intelligence
– Develop strong decision making skills
– Discover your passion
– Explore your purpose in life
Let’s be clear, I can’t help you until you are clear about what you want, when you want it, and who you are. This is the ultimate step that can ignite your clarity super power!
Here’s what you need to do:
Join the Sistahs Unlimited VIP membership. ONLY VIP members will get this class at no cost! Joining automatically adds you to the class and positions you to have early access to all the program classes before they are offered to the public. You will be notified by email of the 30 Days to Clarity course start date. Click Here to join!
NOTE: At this time this program is open to “Women Only”. I understand men need clarity too, so I am developing a specific program for men. Truth is, women and men learn differently and both deserve a tailored program to suit their needs.
* 30 days To Clarity journal is sold separately. This journal is intended to be used with the 30 Days To Clarity course. Use it to capture notes, assignments and of course your reflections as you progress through the course work. This journey of discovery will prove helpful as you venture into realizing your signature path and creating your best life. To purchase Click Here.
Beverly Jones-Durr is known as the “Clarity Coach” because she teaches clients, consultants and other service professionals how to eliminate the fog, remove the clutter and focus on their purposeful and intentional path. She is the creator of Sistahs Unlimited, a program that teaches women how to develop their authentic selves and create action plans that are both attainable and measureable. Become a VIP today and learn how to live your best life! You can also follow Beverly on Twitter, FaceBook and YouTube.